Here are some sales for 11/12-11/18. If the dates are different, I will add that.
- They started a 75% original prices clearance sale. It goes until the merchandise is gone. I haven’t gone this time, but it times past it has been very good, getting JSarr some nice dress shirts for $5.97.
Fred Meyer: As I talked about yesterday, in the Ev. Herald today (Wed. 11/12) in the Good Life Section there was a 1 pg. spread and a coupon for a free turkey if you spend $150 (they’ve upped the price from $100 I guess:(
- Broccoli/Cauliflower .68/lb.
- Grapefruit 3/$1 (Ellie’s FAV)
- Canned beans (like kidney) & canned tomatoes w/store coupon 5/$2
- 2 lb. Med. Cheddar Cheese $4.50 or so (I used the coupon so I don’t remember the exact price)
- Moutain Dairy Milk 2 gal./$5
- FM 6-8oz. yogurt .50
- Colgate toothpaste/toothbrushes $1. We bought 1 toothpaste and put it in what we call our “Extras Box”. It’s a box of toiletries that were purchased for a great price, but we don’t need yet. When we have the need, then we go shopping in our “Extras Box”. We try to never buy when we actually need it, because you can’t guarantee a great sale.
- Ricola for $1. We had a coupon, buy 2 get a $1 off, so we paid $1 for 2 bags of Ricola.
- Suave Shampoo/conditioner $.79. I haven’t bought Suave for a few years. I tend to like “Herbal Essence” or something more along those lines, but I had a coupon for buy 2 and get $1.50 off, so for $.18 I got a 15 oz. shampoo and a 15 oz. conditioner.
This reminds me to say, just because I have a coupon for things doesn’t mean I have to buy it. I cut many coupons out each week that I just end up recycling. I cut them out if I think there is a chance I might use them. That’s what happened today when I looked to see if I had the Suave and Ricola coupons.
Shopping Philosophy: So our shopping philosophy is to buy things only if they are on sale (if we have a coupon, even better) and we know we’ll use them, unless they are perishables. This is LONG TERM thinking. We try to always think ahead so we aren’t stuck buying items for full price. Our pantry and freezer are stocked with items that we constantly use.
Coupon Organizing: I have a coupon holder with several sections. I have sections like beverages, cleaning supplies, dairy, snacks, toiletries, etc… In each section I have them organized by date. The ones that expire the fastest are at the front of that section. Every week when I cut new coupons out, I pull out the ones that have expired first and then file the news according to their date. This way I can easily find the expired coupons and not have to carry lots of extras.
- Turkey $.27 or $.39 with $25 purchase. This is where we’ll get our turkey.
- 1 lb. baby carrots $1
- EVERYDAY LOW PRICE Lucerne 2 Gal. of Milk/$4.98
- Seedless Red Grapes are $.98/lb
- Alb. Graham Cracker Crust $1
- Alb. Coconut $1
- Betty Crocker Brownie mix $1
- Buy a Sara Lee Pie @ $6.39 and get 3 items free-another S. L. pie and 2 1.5 qy. of Breyer’s Ice Cream (our Fav)
- There Chex cereal is 3/$5. Bekah found an on-line coupon for $1 off 2.
- Oranges .79/lb.
- Apples 5lbs./$5
- WF 2 Gal. Milk/$5
- Jonagold Apples $.88/lb.
- Tillamook Yogurt 10/$5
- L’Oréal Shampoo/Conditioner-Buy 1 Get 1 Free (4.99 total). We have a $1 off coupon, so they’d each be $2
- Magic Gloves $.99
- 24 pack of bottled H2O-$2.97